Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Social Engineering Task #5

My task was that go someplace you shouldn’t be document your visit/provide evidence as proof.

For this task, I went to a UPS access point to finish my task. There was a small flower store. Only one person was working. I was lucky because this will be a good chance to finish my task. I pretend I had a pick up package here, and I told this employee that I need to pick up my package. Then the employee asked for my package’s trucking ticket. I said I forgot to bring it here, and I told him my name. When he got my name, he went through storeroom to find my package. Now, only me was here, so I could use this time to finish my task. I went to his working desk to take evidences. His working desk may have a lot of important documents. He was not here almost 4 minutes. 4 minutes was more than enough for me to finish my task. After 5 minutes, he came back and told me he could not find it. I pretend I was so sad and angry. He told me that I could came in next day. I said ok. Then I left. I finish my task successfully.

For my strategy, I I've been here before. For long time ago, I came here to pick up my package once. I knew this place lacked of security. When I came to this store to try my task, I was lucky. Only one person was working in this time, so I had to catch this chance. I know some UPS access point only require your name to pick up a package. Although I did not have a real package I could pretend I had it. When he checked my package, there was enough time for me to finish my task. Before I left, I pretend I was so sad. It was normal expression for a man who could not get his package. It will not arouse his suspicions.



For Privacy, I hide some information.


My behavior was immoral. It washes this employee time to find out my fake package. If every one do this for this employee, I think he will be mad at this job. This behavior makes other people work hard…

After I have done this. I think defense social engineering was very important. I only need to said a few words. Then I could go to his working desk to check something. I also learn that when a strange comes to your house or working place to ask you to do something, do not let him get in easily. You should check all his identifiable whether it is real. Also do not leave this guy alone in your place.


When I do this task, I feel so terrible. I felt I become a social engineer completely. I feel so bad for this employee. I interrupt his job. Actually he was very nice to help me to find my fake package. However, I have to do my task. If you do not have task require, do not do this.

2 comments: