Friday, February 19, 2016

Social Engineering Task #4

1.  What was your task?
My task was to make up a word and make other people use it as well

2.  What did you do? 
I made up a fake dialog for a "class" and used the word killerpillar a couple of times and asked my roomates to rehearse with it with me. After rehearsing a couple of times they questioned the meaning of the word "killerpillar." After repeating the word it eventually got stuck in all of our heads. 

3.  How effective was your strategy?

It was pretty easy and effective as this word is catchy. 

4.  What are the moral stakes?

There were no moral stakes in this task because it was very harmless and amusing. 

5.  Now that you have done this, what could you do with the information or skills you obtained?

There is not much that I can do with this information or skills, but it is very easy to trick people into using words and get them stuck in their heads. 

6.  Reflect on how you felt when you were doing this.

I did not have a particular feeling while doing this because I was not harming anyone while doing this. 

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you had some fun with it. What did you say the meaning was? 2 points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you had some fun with it. What did you say the meaning was? 2 points.

    ReplyDelete