Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Social Engineering Task #3

My task was to get a stranger to let you take a picture of them.

 I went to student lounge to find my target again but this time I pretended I was a photography student. After a period of time, I tried to ask a few people nicely. I pretended I needed 15 picture to finish my photography class assignment. However, they refuse my request. They said they did not like to take picture. Finally I take aim at a nursing student. She seems so nice. Also she needed someone helped a little bit. Obviously, this was a good chance to earn credit, so I helped her to ask her question. After that, I started my task. I told her that I needed to take picture from 15 people, and I only need the last one picture to finish my assignment. I asked her help piteously. I pretended that to make her be hard to refuse it. Finally, she allowed me to took a picture from her. I succeed to finish my task.      

I won feel happy to do my task. I knew I still exploit people’s trust and sympathy. If so many Social Engineering case happen, I think trust and sympathy will disappear slowly. A worm society may become cold.

I still learn some at this task. This task was similar to my last task, so I had more experience than last time. I was more confident at this time. I learn that do not trust a pathetic person easily because pathetic was easy to pretend. Last week, a homeless man seems so pathetic. He ask me nicely for money. I still said no. Than this homeless man changed her face right away. He became so rule rude and kept saying bad words. Therefore, pathetic and nice can be fake.


I will not feel happy to do my  Social Engineering task. Cheating was bad. I still feel sorry for this student. However, I also helped her to asked her question. At less, I feel a little bit better.

1 comment:

  1. Doctor Green, good job! I also love the reflection piece. 3 points.

    ReplyDelete