Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Social Engineering Task #4

1. My task was to get a stranger’s shoe size without asking them for it directly
2. A little while after class tonight I went to go visit my friend at work who bar-tends at a restaurant in Boston. I was sitting at the bar a few seats over from a guy who had a similar pair of Clark's I owned so I figured this could be a good opportunity to attempt my task. I thought pretexting would be my best approach to get the information I needed. I asked him are those Clark desert boots? he replied by saying "they sure are" I told him I ordered a pair of size 11 and a half's few weeks ago and that the shoe runs small and that they wouldn't fit right so I had to send them back. He then said he wears a size 11 and they fit him perfectly. Just like that my task was done. It was much easier than I Anticipated.
3. I think my strategy was good. Me owning a pair of the same kind of shoes really played to my advantage and helped me make up the pretext.
4.
5. I don’t know what I could possibly due with the information I gathered but nevertheless it was a fun task

6. I felt comfortable doing this task. I didn’t have to question my morals and it was an easy go, it seemed like a fairly normal thing to bring up so that helped. 

2 comments: