Sunday, February 5, 2017

Social engineering task #!



My task was that make stranger to follow my social media. The picture of below is the stranger who follow my social media. I met him at the jazz bar, and I had a lot of conversations with him. After we finish the conversation, I told him to follow social media each. It was a great experience to make a friend who I never met before, but we became friendly fast.

  Everyone can approach people who have same interesting topics like I did. Make a conversation of their interesting and keep talking about that then people can be friend easily. When I follow his social media, I can see personal information of him such as birthday, name, cell-phone number, work-place, age, family member, gender, etc. If someone make a friend by using social media, they can easily know about other people without meeting them. So, someone can impersonate this person on internet. Or they can phishing people through cell phone.
In ethical aspect, I think there are both morally right and morally wrong. First, people can help each other by social media. If people were lost their child or family member for some reason, they can post missing post with picture of them on social media. then people can help to find missing people with a picture of them. I think this is one of right ways. The wrong way is that using information of people for commit a crime, or steal personal information. Usually, people using others picture to impersonate on internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment