Friday, February 3, 2017

Social Engineering Task #2



My task was to find a stranger's phone number. What I did is go onto yellow pages online. I clicked to find a person and did it by name. I put a common first name and last name in. I got a list of people. I took the first one to post here and covered the last name, end of address, and last 4 digits of the number to be safe for the person's privacy.

People could use this to find victims of reverse social engineering, as well as to get information to steal more information to steal their identity.

I personally think it is wrong to have someone's personal information out there where anyone can get access to it. If I can find a stranger's address and number and get directions to their place, any basic stocker or identity thief can get that for anyone which is wrong because that goes towards harassing and stealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment