Monday, February 13, 2017

social engineering task#2



Execution: My task was that borrow any stuff which value is over $1 from people, I tried to borrow any stuff and I accomplish it.

Narrative/method: First, I started to find out people who know me and I know, then I tried to borrow a pen to write a note during the class. I act like I didn’t bring my pen to take a note, so I ask to borrow the pen during the class. He gladly lent the pen to me. After class is finished, I gave it back to him.  

Application: I think people are borrowing some stuff many time by his or her friend or colleague. At this point, they are knowing each other, so they can lend and borrow their stuff to each other without any doubt. So, if you want to borrow some stuff, you should be a friend of them first.

Ethical reflection: I think if someone use this technique to get information from other, they could get it. Even though it is sensitive information, they possibly give it to their trustful friend or colleague without doubt. However, every accident was caused by inattention. For this reason, people should have a doubt when people asking a personal information, even it was trivial.

No comments:

Post a Comment