Saturday, February 25, 2017

Social Engineering Post # 5




Execution: My task was a little bit challenging which took me four phone calls to accomplish, I was assigned to make a call to a business to find out their owner's name?  
 
Narrative/method: Since this task was a little bit unusual and controversial to proceed with, i have made four phone calls to Starbucks saying that I wanted to apply for a job and needed the owner's name, phone number to contact him/her, at first the employee seemed to me to be a Native speaker and said that she won't provide me with his name nor his phone number and that i have to come in to the store and ask for him, one day later, i made a new phone call to this Starbucks location and ended up talking to a Moroccan who provided me with his phone number but forgot the owner's name Sad! hours later i called them again and showed more interests in working for this company  and spoke to the supervisor who said that he is the hiring manager and that i do not need to know the owner's name as far as hiring process is concerned. Two days later, I made a new phone call and spoke to a new employee who gave me the owner's name without asking for it when I more expressed my desire to work, and his name is David. 



Application: Techniques I have used differ from one call to another as I assumed that the employee who took my phone call to have spoken to his co-workers and told them not to give anyone the owner's phone number as no one should be given anyone's phone number without their consent, above is a link that shows that no one should circulate anyone's personal information.


http://www.infoworld.com/article/2854033/internet-privacy/your-cell-phone-number-to-give-or-not-to-give.html


Ethical reflection: One of the ethical issues that was risen while completing my task was the fact that i politely lied to the people who work at that Starbucks location and misled them with the information of wanting to join their team, lying is wrong morally and ethically, under certain circumstances lying becomes legitimate and can lead to positive results versus saying the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment