Tuesday, February 21, 2017

ethics assignment post



When choosing a law that is significant or controversial nowadays, my mind just popped up the order of President Donald Trump – travel ban. As President says it will “protect our people”.
The order was signed on January 27th temporarily barring entry to refugees and immigrants. The order “barred citizens of seven Muslim majority countries: Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from entering the US for 90 days, all refugees for 120 days and refugees from Syria indefinitely.”
I’m not affected by this order, but in my opinion, I don’t admit this order as the political perspective, I admit it as an international student. I don’t know how my future would be like if I couldn’t get back to the US to continue my study. The order also affects people who are green card holders, they met difficulty at airports when getting back in. I used to be held at an airport for a misunderstanding reason, and I really know how it feel when staying in an airport for hours.
The country is not protected by barring entry to immigrants, and I think this order is nonsense. US’s companies need more and more talents from around the world.

2 comments:

  1. Mr Pink N, don't forget to connect your ideas to one of the readings (Plato, King, or Rawls)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Pink N, don't forget to connect your ideas to one of the readings (Plato, King, or Rawls)!

    ReplyDelete