Monday, February 20, 2017

Social Engineering Task #3

My task was to fake an injury to get an advantage. I accomplished this task while I was on the train into school. I did not have to fake an injury because I have constant knee problems especially when it’s cold or when it rains out. The train came and I had to get over to it and I was limping and once I got inside a kid who was about 22 let me have his seat.


           It is so easy to fake a physical ailment and take advantage of people but there are a lot of other things that can be faked to take advantage of someone and access information or gain access to the internal infrastructure of a business. Hackers recently have been manufacturing fake web sites and fake news to gain information from employees of the company they are targeting. These threats are becoming more and more popular as a useful tool for hackers to easily gain information because they essentially set these up and wait for the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment