Sunday, April 2, 2017

Social Enginreeing Task #8

My Task: Get a stranger to give you a piece of clothing to borrow.

Did I accomplished it: Yes, here is the evidence.


Method: The day when I got the task, I had couple of things going on my mind. Later on I went for shopping with my friend at Downtown. When I almost finished my shopping and about to return home. I saw a guy with couple of Patriots flags who is always sitting near subway, so it came to my mind that piece of cloth i have to get could be a flag. But the thing was I have to borrow but person was trying to sell them. So I tried to make a fake story, that I my little brother is huge fan of pats and I promised him to get some pats goodie but I forget in my busy schedule and I almost spend all of my money I had. I tried to convenience that guy in different ways but at end he said that you can give me you glasses and take this flag. But I just wanted to borrow that flag for one day but he was not ready to do so. Anyhow, I don't know what came to his mind, he give me another small flag from his bag and said, "you can take this, this is for the little champ". 

Application: I feel that I play with the feeling of that guy by telling a fake story. It is all about trust you can build with some stranger too, and they try to get a favor. He give me that flag because of his love for sport and team. Basically, I must say your gestures are most important when telling a lie to someone.

Ethical reflection: Lying is probably one of the most common wrong acts that we carry out so it's worth spending time thinking about it. Most people would say that lying is always wrong, except when there's a good reason for it - which means that it's not always wrong! But even people who think lying is always wrong have a problem... Consider the case where telling a lie would mean that 10 other lies would not be told. If 10 lies are worse than 1 lie then it would seem to be a good thing to tell the first lie, but if lying is always wrong then it's wrong to tell the first lie...

No comments:

Post a Comment