Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Social Engineering Task: Final

Task: Get a fellow player to transfer money from their bank account to your.

Yes, I accomplish it.

Method: Same night, when we get our tasks, I went to see one of fellow players at his home. When I reached his home, he was sitting outside. So, I just told him that there is new pizza place nearby, let's try their food. He said he don't have any cash on and his wallet is inside his house. I told him, that's  all right, I'll pay. Then we went to pizza place and had juice and pizza. Then I just told him that you know you can easily transfer money through your phone too. I told him you just need to put my number and money will be transfered. While sitting in parking he transfer the amount and I have done my task. I was only possible because he didn't have any idea about the task because he wasn't there in class that evening.

Evidence:
Bill of pizza place

 half amount that fellow player transfer.

Ethics:Its all about telling lie and playing safe on your side. Or not even  telling lie. Just be smart to get your work done.  Telling lie should not hurt anyone because Lies obviously hurt the person who is lied to (most of the time), but they can also hurt the liar too. 
In most cases of personal small scale lying there is no opportunity to do anything more than consult our own conscience - but we should remember that our conscience is usually rather biased in our favour.

A good way of helping our conscience is to ask how we would feel if we were on the receiving end of the lie. It's certainly not foolproof, but it may be helpful.






No comments:

Post a Comment