Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Social Engineering task#10




Execution: My task was to go with a fellow player to his house and take a picture of his laptop; however, since all in class have become very close to each other and "trust" was build over time. i used this as an asset and used one of my other classmates who is closer to him than i am to him, although we have basically helped each other to complete our social engineering tasks. i have successfully accomplished it.
Narrative/method: A first, i thought about convincing my to-be-victim to come over to my house to have a coffee and basically hang out for a little bit since school has taken a tool on us, but then i realized that he did not have a chance to meet me at my convenience nor at his convenience since he has far more family responsibilities than me, i then stepped back when he apologized to me, i did not hold back but reached out to his closer friend who lives blocks away from him, my social engineering partner managed to stop by his house and ask him if he could use his laptop since his laptop is " broken" although his friend was smart enough to assume that this might have been his social engineering task, he yet let him use it since he is his closest friend and would never expect him to trick him, social engineering understands zero ethics nor good manners even if their closeness means the world to them.
Application: There were many techniques to accomplish this task; however, each one has their own way of accomplishing their tasks in real-life situations, the information one can get following a use of someone else's computer is beyond anyone's understanding of computers,

Ethical reflection: The ethical issues raised by my task are the fact that i unlawfully got a picture of someone's laptop using my classmate's help , i also believe that this morally and ethically wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment