Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Ethics Project

My Case:


The case I choose is about the new Samsung Galaxy s8, and how the facial recognition can be bypassed using a selfie picture. There are other features that will provide more security, according to the article I read, such as the iris scanner, fingerprint scanner, pin and password. With the Galaxy s8, if you want a secure phone that no one can get into, using the facial recognition would not be your best option. This article goes further into the phone's specs, and compares the facial recognition to Microsoft version.

Link to article




My Thoughts:


It is good that the phone at least has some security options. However, I feel like the facial recognition should be more secure. Samsung should try to increase security to protect the owner from theft, hackers, and to protect information that is on the phone. This issue becomes about someone's property and their privacy.

I believe the lack of security of the phone's facial recognition does not protects a person's property. A phone is someone's property and no one should be able to get into it if it's outside of the owner's hands. It makes it easier to steal someone's property and wipe it to use or resell. If the property was acquired illegally then it should belong to who stole it, or got it illegally.

I like my phone to be secure personally because there is pictures of my family and information for work I get sent to my phone. I have private conversations and I really would not want anyone being able to break in or hack into my phone. If I feel that way, others will feel that way as well. A phone has information not only on the owner of the phone, but also of the people they interact with. The privacy of both is important to keep secure.



Quotes from Philosophers




No comments:

Post a Comment