Monday, April 3, 2017

Social engineering task

My task:
Get a picture of Dr. Magenta Stone without he/she knowing.
Did I accomplish the task?
Yes, I accomplished this task by using the hacker name list on Moodle and then searching her name on Facebook, finding her photo and downloading it. I could not upload the photo.
Application:
Anyone could use the tactics I used to find someone’s picture if they were not able to take one themselves. Someone could use a person’s photo to get close to their friends or family and have them reveal private information and steal that information.
Ethical reflection:

The ethical issues raised by my task are that no matter how private you think you are being someone can always find a way to obtain your photo or other personal information if they try hard enough. We see this done in a way that would be considered morally right every day when we see photos on social media or the news. The actions could be done in way that is morally wrong by exposing someone’s private photos and using them to blackmail someone for a financial gain or some other type of benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment