Monday, April 17, 2017

Final Social Engineering Task

Execution:
For my final Social engineering task I had to come up with one. I decided what a better way then to do something awkward like take a selfie with a stranger.

Narrative/method:
I do not really talk to strangers much less ask them to take a photo with me so this was definitely something difficult for me. So I decided to asked a trainer at my gym who was working with me that day to take a selfie.

Application:
While asking someone for a selfie seems weird, some people are actually ok with it. It is the world we live in now where people expose themselves more every day. They put themselves at a risk now with how comfortable they are to put them selves all over the media. They expose themselves and do not stop to think that there are no real security measures in place to protect them.

Ethical reflection:
It is becoming normal to say that a selfie is something that exists. People are dying for selfies and the ethics on it are so grey. Should we be taking selfies with strangers. Are we putting ourselves are risk by now being posted on a strangers social media. We are putting ourselves out there to be targeted for bullying. below is my photo that I am using as proof but I have put a sticker and cropped the photo significantly because it makes me unconformable to post this.


No comments:

Post a Comment