Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Social Engineering Task 7

Task: Find out what (if any) other courses General Blueberry is taking this semester.

Accomplished: Nope

Details: I went searching using General Blueberry's name and found on linkedin some of there classes and school goals

[screenshot deleted by admin to protect Gen. Blueberry's privacy]

Which shows them learning python and C# as well as talking about cyber security class.  He could be taking the python course this semester and the visual basics course. However I couldn't be sure. I also tried using his email alias but stopped because I felt like hacking into his email or his school information would be unethical.

Ethics:

I felt if I had tried to dig deeper and maybe attempted to hack into that information that would violate his privacy and it would be wrong to mess with his email and check his courses that way. I felt he deserved some level of security regarding those records like fafsa, email between him and teachers, and it is a pain to have to deal with the school it if I had messed something up.

No comments:

Post a Comment