Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Social Engineering Task #5



My task was: “Get a fellow player to open a door for you.”

Did I accomplish it? Yes

I just had to wait to exit the classroom and leave D building. I waiting behind a few classmates so they could get ahead of me and the first person who got to the door opened it me (I was second) and the others.

Application: This task is a way to enter a company pretending to be another employee working in the building and gain physical access to the company’s systems.

Ethical reflection: This is a form of impersonation that does not take much work to achieve success while performing because most of the time, employees at a given company do not know all their coworkers. With that in mind, after an attack has gotten access to the office and can move around as another employee, it is fairly easy to get hands on a computer or even access network devices to attack the company from within. An ethical way to apply this is to put to test the 2nd security measurement asset of the company, after the infrastructure and that is, the reception or the security guard at the main door; to make sure they are paying attention to everyone entering the building and making sure the people that are not properly identified or area possible threat do not enter the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment