Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Social Engineering Assignment 6

situation
The task I was faced with this week was to make someone think that my name was something other than my own. Which believe it or not was very easy in class because no one really knows anyone's names. I barely just learned a few names and it is more than halfway past the semester.

claim
This is very wrong indeed if asked for malicious purposes. The reason is if I was trying to become someones friend or get close to someone I could convince them that my name is anything that I decide it will be. I could have a whole other identity to help me hide what my real identity is for my safety purposes. Which also brings me to say that some people do hide their identities to actually hide themselves from people trying to cause them harm. Then in that case it is a matter of their own security.

argument
When you think about it we do not really question what someones name is when they first introduce themselves. It would be weird to ask for someones license for identification to prove that this person is who they say they are. It brings me to the person that the professors showed us in the beginning of the class. Who his whole job was to lie to people about who he was so that he could just walk into a business and say he works there and no one would question it. Then if they did he had an answer for everything. But if it is to secure themselves from being harmed then it is not unethical to lie. Because to do that is an extreme which means people have been consulted to decide this is what should be happening.

principle


The principle of why this is ethically wrong is as clear as day. This can be used to steal an identity that is not yours so that you may infiltrate another company or individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment