Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Social Engineering Challenge: Taking advantage of...

I just want to start off by saying that this challenge is complicated, not in terms of difficulty, but in terms of determining weather or not i deserve points for this. That will be up to you guys and the prof. My challenge this week was to trade something with a fellow player that was to my advantage. At first i though it would be extremely difficult because i didn't have much of anything to trade. My initial target was going to be raven blue, so i took one of my dollars and messed it up a little bit to ask her to trade with me for a fresh bill claiming that the T pass machine wouldn't take mines. Unfortunately she didn't have any cash on her so there went my plan. I was already pressed for time because i had to leave class early and on top of that, the professors talked forever (no offense). Then as soon as i was about to leave, the light bulb went off in my head. Inspector green and I had already seen each others tasks because he offered to trade, i declined at first only because his seemed impossible, but i thought to myself, "what if trading my task in general was to my advantage?". So i signaled him to trade right before i got up to leave so he wouldn't have much time to think about it. In my opinion, that's a mission completed.

I need some honest feedback because this can be argued both ways.

TheBlack Capo

6 comments:

  1. I'd say that's valid. It was up to you to determine what would be advantageous to you, and trading cards would be an advantage, as it would be completing your mission.

    However, now that you've traded cards, that's not your mission anymore. This is a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I agree with Admiral, I think you accomplished your mission in a smart way, for that part I vote 5p, but i am worry about Inspector green, what will be his task now, cant be that one since it target fellow players and we all know by now. I this that a question for the prof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that as well captainblack. If me posting that I completed the mission makes it so that he can't do it, then its to my advantage that I basically took his challenge away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe you succeeded the trade and that was your task. 5pts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mission complete. You social engineered Inspector green, which is the name of this game. 5pts!

    ReplyDelete