Monday, April 20, 2015

Mission #9



This week my mission was to collaborate with a fellow player to complete a mission of my choice. I immediately got to work on this and first tried to solicit the professors as a fellow player to complete my mission, but was denied. My strategy quickly turned to an all-out search for my collaborator. I threw out every line I could, hoping to get a bite. I started with the people closest to me, but no one trusted me and thought they were being tricked. I then hit the social media streets and started messaging and emailing any fellow player that I saw checking their phones, or email. I reached out to AgentBlueRaven and BAM, we were on to the mission. We decided the mission would be to get the Professor to read a joke out loud to the class. We wrote back and forth in class plotting our mission, and decided to print the joke out via the classroom computers connected to the class printer.  Then she would deliver it to the Professor off the printer and hope for the best. 

One “cheesy” joke later and Mission Complete! The joke was read out loud with no hesitation and with full cooperation. Perfect. 

During this mission I went for an all or nothing strategy and it worked. I sent a message to almost everyone in class, waiting for a reply. I didn’t expect certain players to answer out of fear of being tricked, but knew someone would eventually join me. I was about to throw a paper ball at AgentBlueRaven for her to open her email when she replied to me via messenger. 

There was no moral issue with this mission, unless I was tricking them into helping me as part of a mission, and I was not. This mission’s difficulty was getting a fellow player to join in my shenanigans. The mission was fun, and I learned that the Professor will play along and read jokes out loud to the class when prompted, which may come in handy for a future mission. 

Til next week!

1 comment:

  1. 5 points. I told you I am terrible at social engineering. :)

    ReplyDelete