Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Final Social Engineering Task

My task this week was  to see if i can get a stranger to give me money; any amount.

I decided to kill two birds with one stone and head to the vending machine to get a snack. Once I arrived at the vending machine, I  decided to grab something that was almost two dollars. I inserted some change which wasn't enough. I decided to put on the act and act like i was checking my pockets thoroughly for loose change. 

Then as some people walked by, i asked them each if they can spare $.75, they said no sorry i don't have it. The third person walked by and I asked and they said no sorry i don't have it. All of a sudden he turned around, pulled out his wallet and gave me a dollar. I gladly took it, smiled and said thank you! 

I felt bad asking because i could've just had the machine return my change and use my ATM card. I could've stayed there and continue to ask each person walking by, just to see how much i could rack up, but that would be wrong taking someone's hard earned money for a measly snack. 

It's nice to know that their are still kind people out there.

-Mz Queen Green

1 comment: