Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Social Engineering #6 Covincing or No?

My challenge last week was to convince a fellow player that a famous person is related to me. I knew this would be challenging but I figured if I stuck to it I might be able to make it work. I originally started on Inspector Green and told him that my cousin is J. Alvarez he was skeptical but I continued by saying I have tickets to his concert this weekend. I asked him if he wanted to go because I had plans this weekend. I had a pair of tickets that I saved from an event I went to two years ago and showed them to him to prove it and a part of me noticed that he reached for them as if he would take them.

I put them away and continued to prod if he wanted to go to MY COUSIN'S concert and he was reluctant but never said that he did not believe that he did not believe me. By the time class was over he said no he didn't want the tickets and I think it was because he thought my task was to give someone something. I am not sure whether he believed it or not.

This task I think was considerably hard because mostly everyone in this class knows my name knows about me and we have been in this class for months already social engineering each other and learning things about each other. This task would have been easier towards the beginning of the class. As for the morals of this task I could see where someone could trick someone by using this lie. If I could convince a stranger that Steven Tyler was my uncle I could ask them for their contact information and guarantee a letter from him. There is so much that can be done with a small lie with someone that is gullible enough to believe it.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if this is successful but the tickets makes the effort worth 2 points.

    ReplyDelete