Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Social Engineering Task #10

My task was: Convince a fellow player that your OS of your computer or phone is different form the one you actually have. So I have a Nexus 5 android phone, and basically as soon as I saw the task I remembered that I had a OS skin that would turn my phone into a iOS phone basically, from the desktop to the menu. During class I installed it again and used it and addressed to King Blue if he knew something about iOS settings as I told him I flashed an iOS image on it. I am not entirely sure if he fell for it, but he didn't look doubtful. I also showed him my screen that clearly had iOS icons and menu settings. Not sure if my strategy was effective, but I think I could have fooled anyone as the iOS app that I have completely transforms the phone even in the menu settings, as it is an app that requires root access. I didn't feel good or bad about it as I think it was something fun to do.

1 comment: