Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Social Engineering Assignment (2nd to last)

My task was to find out information on one of out classmates.

I decided NOT TO DO the task based on the ethical grounds of respecting an individual's privacy.

I personally like to know about a person face to face and do not desire to know more than what they tell me about themselves. Being that it's so easy to find out about a person online, the temptation was there.

I was going to do it and i did some initial searching on several class members and it then occurred to me that I felt it was uncomfortable knowing more about an individual that I met in class than what they were willing to share. I believe that it's best to respect people's privacy as it is their right even though lots of info is found.

I assume this exercise was to learn how to build a profile of an individual or to see how what are the vulnerabilities of a person who's willingly and unwillingly shared info about themselves online, that can come in helpful when checking to see if a person's info online or social media profile can be a vulnerability in a company that has sensitive data to guard.

1 comment: