Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Final Social Engineering Task

First of all, I apologize for not posting this before class.

That said, my task consisted in exploit the Price Match guarantee using Social Engineering with an snapshot of a website that might not be up to date. The trick is to avoid space for question at the time of performing the task. The price is of course outdated, and a snapshot of a website is different from an actual website.

Staples has a price-match guarantee that enables the customer to price match any item from any brick and mortar store plus Amazon (as long as it is ship and sold by them). The item is the following:


I tried to felt less uncomfortable that I usually am under these kind of situations. However, I barely felt responsible of my doing in the sense that I believe is up to the cashier to make sure that everything is in order to proceed with a price-match. I consider that I did not violated any law but I might violated some ethics. If I did that to Walmart, I would have felt less than guilty, but that's another story ;)

2 comments:

  1. Anytime I am going to purchase something from Staples that is cheaper online I always go to Amazon.com to find the item, print out the page and bring it with me to get the price match. Now that I have a smaaht phone I don't even need a printout anymore.

    ReplyDelete