Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Social Engineering #9

1 This week's task was to take and hide a fellow classmate's phone for 20 minutes.

2 During class today, Admiral Chartreuse brought in some donuts and shared it with everyone. During the time the missions were being passed out, people were still eating. This included, Lelion Noir, who was sitting next to me. The moment I finished reading my mission, looked up 2 inches from my left hand, a phone. The phone belonged to Lelion Noir and I snatched it while he was grabbing his mission and stuffed it into my bag. Took around 4 seconds from reading my mission to stuffing his phone into my bag.

3 There wasn't much strategy in this at all. The moment I read my mission, I just snatched his phone. He didn't notice until his phone made a beep sound from some sort of notification. Then he started looking for it, digging around. People around thought he was trying to clean up after eating the donuts. Prof. Poole even offered him some tissues, but he was actually looking for his phone.The cleaning up part bought me a few more minutes and was pretty helpful.

4 Stealing isn't the nicest thing to do, legally and morally.

5 The phone probably had a lot of information on it. (Address, contacts, services, id/pass, etc.)

6 At first, quite nervous, because I snatched his phone up without thinking. He looked at me a few times mumbling "Where'd it go?" I replied "Your donut?" We cracked a laugh after that and he continued looking for his phone. He kept looking for it and got a bit more desperate so I gave it back to him and revealed my mission to him. It wasn't quite 20 minutes, but around 18 minutes. I gave it back so that it didn't cause a scene.

1 comment: