Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Social Engineering Task # 7



My task was to “Get a fellow player to tell you what their social engineering task is”.

Once I got my task, I was thinking like “this is going to be a tough one”. In the meantime after a while I saw Mister Deer had his Social Engineering Task paper right on his table. During the class he went out of class for couple of minutes, he left his task paper on the table and I was able to read that. His task was "………..".  Once he came back in the class, I jokingly said I should join him to complete his task this week. He jokingly responded by saying that he could use me and our classmates for his task. Since he anticipated that I knew what his task is, he didn’t hesitate to have conversation about his social engineering task. I completed my task without any harm and foul.




My strategy was effective and at the same time I feel like I had luck on my side. The way I started the conversation, I wouldn't be denied this time. I got lucky because of my sitting position in the class from where I could sneak peek into his social engineering task paper.

Even though I didn’t feel great, I’m happy to complete my task without any harm and no foul.

I would say keep your information to yourself, do not reveal your secret unless it is a must. Since I knew his task, I could have tried to foil his task. When you reveal your personal information it can play out against you if bad people get their hand on it.

When I read my task I felt like oh… who is going to tell you about their task? It’s going to be very hard to get my task done. After few minutes when I saw Mister Deer’s task paper on his table, I was kind of relieved. I felt, I could do something with that. I started conversation with Mister Deer and after that conversation, I knew my task was done. Even after my task was done, I wasn’t very comfortable in front of Mister Deer and continuously joked around him and said, “I'm going to social engineer you” without telling the whole context.

1 comment: