Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Social Engineering Task #7

My task was to produce a fake ID. I was successful in creating a fake SS#.

I first tried taking a picture of my own and using Photoshop. It proved a little challenging, but doable. I was having some problems keeping the seal intact. I then downloaded a blank image of a SS# card and merged them. Problem solved. The only thing I'm not satisfied are the fonts, but that was all I had. The exact fonts used were about $50.

I had no guilt feelings as this was an task. At first I thought a bit of making a fake one being against the law, but then I realized it's for educational purposes.

The craft of forging a fake ID or document can come in handing while conducting reconnaissance and or gaining access to areas which may be off limits to someone without proper ID.


2 comments: