Sunday, March 29, 2015

Social Engineer Challenge 6: Fake Confession

My task was to convince a fellow player that I was lying about a specific fact about myself that I told them earlier in this semester.

I actually tried to do this task with MzQueen Green as well because after class everyone rushed out but I don’t think she was convinced. So when Captain Black X31 texted me the following day I decided to take the opportunity to complete my task with him instead. We’ve been taking the same classes for a year now and when this semester started we shared our ages. I had planned to have a normal conversation that will eventually bring about our age topic. I went from how many weeks of class we had left to I can’t wait for summer to celebrate my birthday, hoping he would ask about how old I’m turning. It worked! He suggested an age and I told him differently. He seemed skeptic about the wrong age I gave him but I kept going along with it and quickly changed the subject to how old he was.  Mission accomplished.

My strategy of keeping it casual worked.

Captain Black X31 is another teammate of mine but we’re also really good friends. We’ve been completing our tasks using each other without knowing. It might be safer for us to keep our distance for the purpose of this class.

Completing this task makes me feel like I can convince a person otherwise. In other words lying to them and making them believe me.

I really do feel bad using my team mates to complete tasks but then again we’re all in this for a grade so we should all be more aware.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job, I was thinking you were trying to get my age, so I gave you the wrong information (Im not 26 and I was not born in july). you told me you were 27 which I didn't believe, because I knew your age from last year, but I didn't deny ether so you can not question the wrong age I gave you lol. but since I didn't openly denied it I think you accomplished your task. 5 points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I remembered your age too but I figured this task was easier to accomplish through text as to in person because you can't see my facial expression. I, too, didn't want you to question my fake age so I didn't question yours. I look young so I figured it'd be smarter if I gave an older age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm..age. very well done but seems a bit easier. 2 points

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm..age. very well done but seems a bit easier. 2 points

    ReplyDelete