Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Social Engineering Challenge #1 – Real name RED

My challenge was to convince a fellow player that my actual real name is “red” after my mom’s favorite color.

Ever since I pulled this challenge from the box, I was thinking of a ways and things I could do to complete it. I waited for the class to end. I noticed that at the end of the class, three fellow classmates stayed for a couple of minutes discussing things about the class and the assignments. Since I had to convince one of them that my actual name is Red, I thought I would jump in the conversation they were having,  I figured that sooner or later one of them would ask, who I am and ask for my name. Unfortunate that was not the case, none of them ask me for my name. So I quickly though about another way, one of them was leaving the classroom, so I got my stuff together and walked out with her and started making conversation. We came to a point where we were going different ways, so there I asked her for her name, again hoping she would give me her name and then ask me for mines. But, this also was a failed, because she gave me her name but she didn't ask for mines and left.

Since I am only able to go to Bunker Hill on Tuesdays, I was not going to have another opportunity, so therefore I was thinking of convincing someone via an email.  But this idea did not work out good because I didn't have anyone’s email address, I tried to find them on the BHCC online website for our course but I was not showing me their email information.

I didn't have a moral problem with this challenge, because even though I was going to lie, it was not a lie that would hurt anyone.

Now that I think about it, Instead of asking for her name first, I should of just told her mines and ask for her name after. Maybe if I would have done it this way instead of the way I did it, I would have succeeded.  But I hope I have better luck next time. So therefore I failed to complete this challenge.


1 comment:

  1. Good post on your thought process. No points this week but you do get credit for your attempts.

    ReplyDelete