Monday, February 10, 2014

Social engineering task two


Get another student to switch sits with me.

Fail,

I could of have just gone up to someone and ask him or her to switch sits with me, but that was going to be kind of weird (awkward) and also kind of easy. I thought that witching sits with someone was going to be almost impossible, so I at least tried to take someone’s sit permanently for the rest of the class time. I picked two difficult targets since both classmates were rooted to their desk, both had computers and notebooks sitting on their desk and because of that it was going to be more difficult for me to make them move. So in my first attempt I sat down very close to one classmate (classmate one) and tried to burst his personal bubble by staring at his computer screen. I kept looking at what was doing, just to make classmate one feel like I was watching him, I wanted to make him uncomfortable enough with my presence that he would get up and go sit somewhere else in the classroom and I could take over his sit, but that didn’t happen, although he did ask me a couple of times what I was working on and what I was doing, he knew I was up to no good. In my second attempt, while I was sitting trying to make classmate one uncomfortable, I noticed that another classmates (classmate two) stood up and walked to another desk but also left all his belongings at his original desk so I got up and took over his sit. While sitting at classmate’s two sit one of my hacking group members happened to be sited right beside me and I started talking about homework with my group member. Classmate two came back looking for his sit. I knew he was standing behind waiting for me to get up because he was talking to the class instructors and I could hear his voice. What I was trying to do with classmate two was to ignore him for long enough so he could just get tire of waiting, then he would have two options: ask me to move out his sit or ask me if he could move his belonging from his desk and go sit somewhere else, but I couldn’t really engage into a long and deep conversation about homework with my group member just to make it look like I could really use being sitting in that desk, so I just ended up getting up and walking away.

1 comment:

  1. Good effort. No points but remember effort counts towards your grade!!!

    ReplyDelete