Wednesday, October 12, 2011

More social engineering fun (post-Thursday)

All right, team! I don't know what you've done yet in response to Tuesday's challenges, but here's something I want you to try.

Get someone you don't know to ASK, face to face (Karl..), for your phone number, email address, etc. Don't just give it to them outright, make them ask for it. You can make them work really hard for it if you want to, or you can give them a really lovely primrose path, (i.e. "We should stay in touch! ")

Everybody has to try. Who's going to be the first one to conquer this one? Comment!


2 comments:

  1. hilariously, I managed this one on the phone with the cab company whose driver had called the ambulance when he saw me fall on my front steps. In my search for WHO the driver was, I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with the dispatcher...he asked for my number for a date once he learned where I work(I declined sweetly), and then my email (which he has now because he gave me his first, and I sent him an email after all)....but this wasn't quite face to face, but we have never met...does this count? But, I COULD meet with him, and I'm SURE that would be an ace in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A neighbor who I have never met before, recently had an incident where obnoxious drunks knock over his motorcycle. He was telling me how he would love to catch the individual(s)on camera, but his current spy cam does not have night vision capability. Well my friend you're in luck!

    I informed him of night vision IP camera's available out there with motion sensor. I also mentioned that I have one of those IP cams and that I am very familiar with the setup.

    He asked for my contact info so that I may help him order one and setup. He now has my business info. This now completes my mission!

    ReplyDelete