Saturday, January 30, 2016

Ethical Hacking Social Engineering Assignment # 1

1.  What was your task?
My task was to find out someone's middle name

2.  What did you do? 
I did not complete this task, because I believe that a middle name is very personal, and I myself would not disclose this information to someone because it is a security question on most personal accounts such as bank accounts, Facebook login, and so forth. Giving full name opens up a door for identity thieves because they now have access to "exact name that appears on a card" such as a debit or credit card, which is a security check for credit card purchases made online. I believe that this task was undoable because most people would not give their middle name since it is the full name that distinguishes them from people with the same first and last name.

1 comment:

  1. This was a relatively easy task. You earn zero points and you also have used up your one objection.

    ReplyDelete