Monday, May 6, 2013

Final Hack


My Final Hack was to gain access to Prof L'Heureux's office without her being there. 

My hack was reasonably successful. I had spent some time watching the office between classes, and was planning on waiting until a someone from the cleaning staff to open the door, and I could make my way in. This proved to be unsuccessful because they only come by late at night. So I waited until around 11pm, and made my move. I managed to get into the school undetected until I got to the office door which was locked, and no janitorial staff to be found. I eventually was discovered by a security guard, and I thought it was all over.
I convinced him that I was the Professor’s TA and needed to put something on her desk. He didn't believe me, so I said for him to call her (a bluff), and this was very important because it had to do with final grades (not really a lie). He actually let me in, and I told him I would need privacy. He did not give me any.
I technically gained access, but could not have potentially gained any confidential information. I feel that I could have possibility uploaded something to the computer though, maybe through a USB drive.  

1 comment:

  1. I got your note. :) Nice job. I am interested to see what others award you in terms of points for this.

    ReplyDelete