Monday, March 4, 2013

Find Out Mr. Orchid's Data Of Birth

I had high hopes for this hack because I already had some basic information. My plan was to use that info to search on-line, and even shell out a couple of bucks if need be. There are a multitude of places you can get personal information on the web these days, and I planned on going that route. Once I gathered enough info, I could use it to gain the bit of information in the title of this post. What I already knew:
  • He's originally from Jersey
  • He lives in East Boston
  • His license plate # (just happened to see in parking lot)
  • His first, last, and middle initial from his BHCC E-mail.
Using the plate #, I ran a registration inquiry at the RMV website, but there wasn't much helpful information in there. The plate information didn't up helping my cause at all. Maybe the VIN would have helped more.....

In the end, none of the other bits of information that I had helped me either. All of the people searches that I used turned up people MUCH older or lots of results without middle names. Short of calling every person, I didn't have an effective way to narrow the field. Facebook was also a huge let down as a source of information! I even employed my step daughter who is a crack data miner, and both of us combed through hundred's of Mr Orchids to no avail. Unless Mr. Orchid changed his ethnicity and recently lost 100 pounds, I couldn't find him.

So another week, another failure, but I'm going to get one soon!

CapnCrunch

5 comments:

  1. The facebook route probably would have worked if ye kept at it. Good try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I could tell, I couldn't narrow my search results past first, last name and specific location. Facebook search wasn't as robust as I had hoped.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, facebook would have probably yeilded more sucess. Alhtough if you can hack their google profile, the birth dates are contained there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent attempt Capn Crunch Cardinal! And I love your avatar!
    No points awarded, but the attempts are racking up in terms of your grade.

    ReplyDelete